Hopefully some of these water saving tips can help you now and into the future.
1. Never leave a tap open with water running. Open, close, use water. Turning a tap off while brushing your teeth can save you 100 litres a month.
2. Repair all leaks on plumbing and taps, both inside and outside. That can save you a few thousand litres a month!!
3. Recycle your grey water. Baths, showers, basins and kitchen sinks can water garden beds around the house. This can save as much as 40% of your water usage. Convert to eco-friendly cleaning products, this can be beneficial to your plants.
4. Install rain water tanks, the bigger the better ( 5000 litres ), catch-all that water running down your gutters to be reused to wash your car, water your garden or many other things.
5. Fit a multi-flush system to your toilet system, or place a brick in the cistern.Too much water is used for toilet anyway.
6. Convert to hydro drippers instead of garden sprinklers. They focus the water where it is needed and water the plants under the foliage.
7. Mulch your garden, this can save thousands of litres of water, prevents evaporation, and depending what mulch you use, can provide a lot of benefits to your plants.
8. Shower quickly rather than bath. Save a bath for once a week, enjoy it more.
9. Install a cover over your pool or water storage. The sun can evaporate a lot of water over a wide area.
10. Think before you use water, educate someone else if you see them abusing water.
Please feel free to post comments on ideas you have to save water.